Useful Tips for your business website
1. Make sure your design is responsive, meaning it renders on all devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones.
2. Use copy sparingly like you were paying somebody by the word. It’s much more difficult to consolidate well written, captivating copy than it is to just spew out everything about your company.
3. The overall design of site will be predicated by the quality of your photography. If you already have great up to date images great, if you don’t invest in some as the rest of your site and all your good intentions suffer if you don’t.
4. WordPress will win the battle of content management platforms (CMS). Many companies, even very large ones now use this platform which was once primarily for blogging.
5. Don’t blow your entire budget on your rollout. Save some money for regular updates. Too often sites are launched and just sit there after looking exactly the same year later as the day they went live.
6. Remember that content is now king. The days are gone when you could litter your site with keywords and meta tags alone to help bolster your rankings in search engines. Having a regularly updated site with evolving content now trumps anything that those “SEO Experts” can do for you.
7. Make sure your website is included in your social marketing strategy. Too often Facebook, Twitter and Instagram become the sole emphasis of a marketing program when ideally each should be given an individual role as to what each does best. It’s probably the most common mistake I see each day.
8. Use your blog! This is the single best way to develop relevant content that can be pushed to other parts of your website including your home page and give access to others in your organization to contribute to it regularly. Blog articles can be long, short, visual like a picture or even video clips.
9. Update your photography. The best way to keep your website fresh is to keep updating your photography, especially on the homepage. Changing a few key images will give it a whole new look.
10. Bookmark your site and go in for a quick look on a regular basis, you’ll discover things you may want to do different of better by making regular visits.